How to Get Your Customers to Open your Emails!
How to Get Your Customers to Open your Email!
Improving the email open rates of your existing list is very high in the list of how you can boost your bottom line easily.
It’s far easier to market to someone who has done business with you than to acquire a new customer, and requires not as much work as it might seem. With an industry average of around 27.4 percent, it’s very important to understand your open rates, and just how you can enhance them.
Here are 10 top tips for enhancing your email open rates.
- Write something you would read – Creating terrific content is hands down the best way to get your email opened and read.
- Length & timing – We’re all very busy, and lengthy emails that ramble and fail to get to the point are seldom looked forward to. Furthermore, not making use of optimum sending times doesn’t help.
- Use your subject line wisely – Here is the single biggest element that effects if your email gets opened. Spend some time to craft great, non-spammy subject lines.
- Make good use of your first line – Like the preceding, the first line of your email, often filled with something like, “If you don’t see any images in this message..” is visible in their inbox. Make sure to remove it as this is also valuable space and you don’t want to waste!
- Give them what they really want! – Make sure to attempt to provide solutions.
- Offer great deals and savings – Everyone loves to save a little and your email is a fantastic platform to pass on any deals or specials your business is offering.
- Teach – Presumably they are viewing your email and or newsletter because they want to learn something from you. Don’t disappoint!
- Be entertaining – Don’t be StatMan. Don’t be scared to inject humor, wit, and a little bit of controversy now and then.
- Make your Sender line recognizable – Having your company name or the person who is branded as the sender imparts trust.
- Be sure and resend your unopened email – Quite simple to do, resending your unopened email is a simple technique to increase your open rates.
Remember, you message will never be read if your email is never opened.
To Your Success!
p.s. Sign up today for “The Strategist” Newsletter to be empowered with the latest marketing tactics, solutions and strategies including getting your customers to open your email.