Online Reputation Management Strategies
Use these 5 Online Reputation Strategies to Manage your Company’s Brand
You may think that online reputation management isn’t something you should concern yourself with. I would implore you to reconsider!
Online Reputation Facts!
According to eMarketer 83% of consumers declare that online reviews affect their opinions about a particular company, and 8 of 10 of these people added that a negative entry on the internet has caused them to change their mind. One poor review, whether true or untrue, can frustrate all your best efforts if you don’t have an online reputation strategy established. With that in mind, we would like to offer five strategies your business can use to monitor and enhance your online reputation management.
- Monitor Your Business and Personal Names – Keeping track of what’s being said about you and your business is of paramount importance. Thankfully, there are plenty of free tools to help in this regard, like Google Alerts, Hootsuite, Social Mention as well as others.
- Claim All of Your Relevant Social Properties – Unused social media sites can be utilized by your competitors to drag you down, and spread negativity. Be sure you claim all social sites that matter for your brand.
- Dominate Page One of Google for Your Brand Name – One great way to make sure what people see and read about you when they Google you is to own all the virtual real estate! If all they find when they Google you is great stuff about you and your brand, you’ll not really be affected from the random attack.
- Ask for Customer Reviews – Customer reviews aren’t just gonna magically appear: you need to actively court them. Make a point of asking your customers to write reviews, and do everything possible to make it easy for them: links to review sites, examples from other customers, etc. And if you offer incentives, let them know that you’re not attempting to bribe them or affect their review!
- Make Engagement a Priority – Engaging with your commenters, social media posts and tweets is a terrific way to stave off any negativity from the start. Avoid getting into a shouting match though, however strong the urge.
Online reputation management is much more important than in the past, in this day of instant communication. Don’t neglect yours!
To Your Success!
p.s. Sign up today for “The Strategist” Newsletter to be empowered with the latest marketing tactics, solutions and strategies including protecting your online reputation!