5 Essential Steps to Small Business Marketing
5 Essential Steps to Keep Your Small Business Ahead of the Competition
Anyone who’s tried recognizes that small business marketing is not for the faint of heart. Marketing your business depends on doing certain things and performing them well. The amount of competition we face nowadays is breathtaking, and understanding how to get your pages performing online is tricky.
Here are five important steps to keep you in front of the competition!
- Create a Marketing Plan – Don’t leave anything to chance. Create a well-thought out, concise plan that maps out each of your marketing elements along with what you need to do to get it done. Make it as detailed as possible. At the very least fill in the broad strokes.
- Social Media Marketing – 91 percent of experiences social marketers generate improved website traffic and 79 percent generate more quality leads according to MediaBistro.com. Just how do they do this? They don’t waste time with their social media marketing. Map out a strategy for social media an stick to it.
- Build a Mailing List – MarketingProfs.com reported emails averages a ROI (return on investment) of $40 for every $1 spent. This far exceeds keyword ads ($17) and banner ads ($2). Don’t be fooled into thinking collecting and building an email list is dead. If you don’t build a list, you’re failing to build your business! You just cannot afford to leave such a large source of potential profits to your competition.
- Video Marketing – Connect to all the local traffic that’s out there trying to find your business. Video marketing in this space is a relatively untapped vein, and having a quick video advertising your wares on page one of Google may result in tons of traffic and authority coming to your web site! According to the research company Forrester, any given video stands about a 50x better chance of appearing on the first page of Google than any given text page.
- Have a Mobile Presence – Ensure that your websites are optimized for mobile, as more than half of all searches now are emanating from some sort of mobile device. Microsoft reports that mobile browsing is projected to overtake desktop browsing by 2014. Having your pages mobile optimized can help improve your reach, and also corral impulse buyers.
Don’t Make the Mistake of Going It Alone with your Small Business Marketing!
No one is a superhero and you needn’t be. The world of online marketing is constantly changing and evolving. You need to learn what is working now, learn from the best, and hire the best outsourcing you can find. In the long run, it will pay off substantially!
To Your Success!
p.s. Like what your read on Small Business Marketing…please share.