5 Deadly Social Media Mistakes To Avoid
Social Media Dont’s
Understanding what NOT to do in relation to social media is almost as critical as knowing what you should do. Here are several social media goof ups to avoid at all costs!
- Jokes in Poor Taste – It should be obvious, but you must put on your thinking cap before you tweet, update or post. And even more importantly, don’t try and take advantage of someone else’s misfortune as a way to promote your products or services. While a celebrity death or humiliation might appear to be easy pickings for trending traffic, you can actually end up alienating more people than you attract!
- Offending Your Customers – Right up there with poor taste humor is the tendency to state your preferences, political, social or otherwise, which may or may not correspond with those of your clients and customers. Use your head! Don’t write about anything with the public that could cause offense or be misunderstood, or you’ll pay big for this type of transgression.
- Not Making Business Only Accounts – An account solely devoted to your company has not only a greater chance of being found in the search engine results, it projects an altogether more professional image for your business.
- Not Using Social Media Buttons on Your Site – These are very easy to apply, and available for all social media platforms. You’re literally throwing traffic away if you don’t utilize these simple tools to increase your reach by making them accessible for your homepage and all the content you create. This is very easy to do.
- Not Using Your Social Media Profiles to Link Back to Your Site – You’ve gone to all the bother to create and use these social sites, why not take the free, authoritative link they’re offering back to you! Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google all allow you to link back to your website. There’s five great links to your site, and a great opportunity for your (hopefully) many followers to end up on your site.
Hope you found the 5 Deadly Social Media Mistakes To Avoid of value?
If so, Please share!
To Your Success!
The Strategic Marketer
p.s. Sign up today for “The Strategist” Newsletter to be empowered with the latest marketing tactics, solutions and strategies including Social Media.